Sunday, May 07, 2006

World Cup Soccer schedule

The soccer world cup is right around the corner and no one seems to be noticing. This year, we even have a good team (ranked #4 in the world). But all the people talk about around here is the 49ers NFL draft!

Well, I for one, am glad the public will be getting so see some of the world cup games on ABC, as well as other tournament games on cable (ESPN and ESPN2). Since the games are all between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., I will do my best to ignore all internet sports results and instead watch the taped matches when I get home. For the official schedule go here. Fortunately, I won't have to watch FC Bayern München once again beat everybody, since they're not even in the tournament. (some of their players are, though) My early picks to win it all: Argentia, Brazil (as always), England, Czech Republic, Italy, and maybe, just maybe, the home team Germany will squeak into the finals again ...