Sunday, January 08, 2006

On a lighter note

... I realize I may have turned off several readers with that last post. It just has been something occupying my mind, so I used to opportunity and some of my idle time to put thoughts to paper, so to speak. Well, today I did do something moderately interesting, and not computer-related: I took a long bike ride in the city across the bay. If you are familiar with S.F. you might recognize some of the pictures. If not, then I challenge you to show off your knowlege of S.F. trivia. For instance,

- where is the "Fisherman's Wharf" and why is it so named?
- where is "Coit Tower" and is it visible in the pictures? And who recently created a fuss by mentioning it in the national news?
- what is the significance / history of the "Sutro Baths"? Do they still exist?
- what is the "Legion of Honor"?
- do you recognize any other points of interest (besides the obvious Golden Gate Bridge) in the pictures?

p.s. you are allowed to use the picture titles as hints (I wouldn't have used such descriptive names, had I thought ahead of time to do this little "contest"). But that still leaves out the answers to the questions above. I'll tell y'all at the end who won. Happy Monday.