Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My house



This is my house on Harrison Street. My home base. As you can see, it's an old Victorian. When I moved in in the beginning of March, I thought I was getting such a great deal! Turns out it's a very average price to pay.... $995 for a 1BR (I live in the bottom level, have my own entrance in the back). And NO GARAGE. That's a problem, for in Oakland they do street sweeping once a month (well, they claim they do, at least). Whether or not the street actually gets swept, a parking checker comes EVERY month, 2nd Wednesday or Thursday, 9 a.m. SHARP (posted times are 9-12 for sweeping), depending which side of the street you're on, to ISSUE TICKETS. They caught me once - it was 48 bucks. Boy was I ticked. Thought about not paying and seeing if Oakland catches up with my temp. Wisconsin plates. But then thought better of it. They'll probably be back again the NEXT MONTH and see my car then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please submit your comment here.