Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl


So what did you all think of the Super Bowl? I watched the second half at a friend's place in S. F., and was most impressed with their risotto herb dish, the grilled chicken with wood flavoring, and the rich dark chocolate cupcakes. Oh yeah also the 6 different kinds of wine they were offering. Thank you April and Bob!

As far as the game itself ... well I wasn't paying such close attention but it looked like those Bears took a real thumping. In fact, I came in and the Bears had 14 points. I think at the end they only had 17. In that time, the Colts scored like 13 points unopposed. And I lost $20 to my uncle, because I bet on the Bears (and he is from Chicago, wouldn't you know it).

Halftime observation: Prince looked great. Who is his makeup artist? Or skin therapist? I need to hire that person. He even performed well in the rain... finishing with "Purple Rain" : how appropriate. We were debating if he was really playing the guitar. Several people doubted it.

One other tidbit : here in San Francisco, we had absolutely beautiful weather. 60s and sunshine. It was a shame to go inside today. I noticed how quiet the streets were. Old people, couples, and non-football fans (apparently) were doing shopping, walking around Market St. (downtown), or just chilling out. Next year I may have to skip the party and join them ... but only if it's NOT at April and Bob's :-)