Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dollars and Euros



Which bills would YOU rather use?

I was at Long's drugs a few weeks ago to pick up some household cleaner and some christmas cards. I go up to the cash register and pay about $9.50 for the stuff (christmas cards are SO overpriced!). I gave the girl a $20 (I am pretty sure I did, at least) and she says "10 dollars, thank you". Being absent minded as usual, I was thinking of something else and didn't pay much attention to her. But then later as I was leaving the store I remember pulling out a $20. Hey! What happened to my change? Too late! No way to prove, that I had given the bigger bill. This is like the 3rd time this has happened to me in about 3 months. It's always when I'm buying something small, like at the post office or the drugstore.

Therefore, I would like to use this opportunity to beg - no PLEAD - for the U.S. treasury to get modern and print some REAL colorized bills! If I was looking at a blue $10 vs. a green $20, I'm sure I would be making less mistakes (and so would the cashier). In fact there is an initiative underway at the U.S. treasury to modernize the bills with some color. However, if you look at them, the new bills still aren't really much different than before. I would say, the Europeans do this better.

In any case, this is the last blog entry for the year. Being in the holiday spirit, I am ignoring my own promise, not to post anymore to this blog for lack of guestbook entries. From now on, I'll just post, when I feel like it. Which is pretty much how I've been doing it.

To all those of you (all 4 or 5 of you) who have read my blog this year, I would like to wish a happy new year 2007.

Kent