Tuesday, September 05, 2006

You Tube?

I did a little trolling of blogspot (you can do it too, just click "next blog" at the top right of this screen). After a few uninteresting examples I came upon one I found somewhat strange but interesting. I noticed it (and some other blogs) contained video samples. The thumbnail screen says "You Tube". What is "You Tube"? I checked w/ my friend google. He sent me to You Tube Central. I guess You Tube is just a service for promoting your own video. Hey I can do that! (but I need equipment first)

So here are 4 "You Tube" videos I'd like to introduce. Apparently none of them are real new.

The first is the video "I'm Not Missing You" by Stacie Orrico.



I am only posting it because I don't watch music videos anymore so I thought, wow, this is what I've been missing these last 4 years since I watched videos (on MTV in Germany). This particular video reminded me of a relationship I used to be in. Except my girlfriend didn't sing, and she wasn't a glamgirl like Statie (but she did play the guitar). Also, this video reminded me of how old I am. When I was the age of the girl in that video, I think I was still washing dishes at Stemmler's Restaurant in Thiensville, and not posting videos on You Tube (or even making them - I think I was playing video games and working most of the time)

The second video is from the You Tube site and is called "Noah takes a photo of himself everyday for 6 years." I guess this particular video has gotten a lot of "i-play" (I just made that word up). I think mostly, from girls who think Noah is cute. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of watching a guy's face for such a long time? (I actually was interested to see if he would age, but got bored after 2 minutes looking at him)

Then there is a pretty good "anti-Noah" video which some fat guy made (excuse my political incorrectness). I liked this video. It made me laugh (but the music was not as nice as Noah's soundtrack). That guy could be more funny if he edited better.

My favorite video I watched tonight though was called "Impression Skills." Whoever that guy is, he is really funny.

So how much time did I just cause you to lose? Just wondering.