Thursday, December 22, 2005

Interner Serverfehler!

Apologies to all 3 of my loyal readers that this blog was down the past few days. Unfortunately, this was an unavoidable situation. Though I did understand the German message I was seeing, this didn't help much as the translation amounts to the dreaded and cryptic sounding "internal server error". I don't administer my own webserver. It is leased space which is provided by the hosting company. I got this website in October 2003 by signing up for a 3 year special "no monthly fee" deal being offered by the German parent company 1&1 Internet AG und Co. What I had forgotten though was that there IS an annual domain name registration fee (don't ask me what that pays for, though I suspect it probably goes to ICANN in Virginia). And since my credit card expired this past year, they couldn't collect the $5.99 I owed them. So what do those friendly people at 1&1 do? Shut down my website until I get frustrated enough to call (lesson: NEVER bother sending email to internet service providers about billing questions). Now THAT's customer service!!!!!!!

Well, now it's all settled, at least, until my free trial period expires next November. Hopefully, my blog stays online until then, so you all can reap the benefits of my enlightening and enriching postings. Ha ha ha....